[NTLK] Newton Connection Tools 1.1

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Thu Sep 27 14:57:37 EDT 2018

Well not all that difficult for those with wonderful soldering skills and surface mount soldering equipment. :)  But nice that possible option is available at some point.  And I suppose if you had a backup "locked" by Newton Connection Tools's backup system that you wanted to restore to another newton, it might be worth shipping two newtons to someone that could do it. :)

I avoided most software with that licensing system for this reason.  I think I only have one package that requires it, and I do have a "bypass" that the developer released at some point should I never need it.  I know why developers used the method, but they also lost out from people that were wary of the possibility not using the software should they lose a newton and have to use another.  I am also wary of online activation considering the servers can go poof if the company folds OR stop supporting a particular version.  Sadly, it seem like all software these days is using online activation.  :(

-Dan