[NTLK] [ANN] New archive of NewtonOS icons

Sylvain Pilet sylvain at pilet.net
Tue Oct 13 04:24:28 EDT 2020

Hi to all,

I remember this batch of images extracted from the ROM that are in the file newton_pictures_binhex.png.
We use these references when we want to use GifServer.
GifServer is the module that manages gifs in the NPDS (Newton Personal Data Sharing) suite.
It is used to include ROM images in web pages.
Some examples on one of my Newton NPDS that are currently in use:
http://messagepad.no-ip.org:2200/gif/magic/@351
http://messagepad.no-ip.org:2200/gif/magic/@14
http://messagepad.no-ip.org:2200/gif/magic/@801
or again here with the use of numbers via "counter".
http://messagepad.no-ip.org:2200/gif/counter/02-27-1998

An archive from Jonathan Kipling Knight (of Prism Research) of this collection dating back to 2006 can be found on WebArchive:
http://web.archive.org/web/20060430190653/http://members.aol.com/newtsprism/BinHexer/pictures.hqx
In this archive there are 207 images extracted from the ROM.

Thanks Grant for these png's, it's a great base for any developer or designer who would like to start Newton programming.

Sylvain Pilet

http://message-pad.net
http://messagepad.no-ip.org:3680 [NPDS Tracker]