Re: [NTLK] A message from the past.

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 05:46:49 EDT

on 8/1/01 9:37 AM, Christopher Dean at rdeanc_at_cc.curtin.edu.au wrote:

> The Dalek was thought up by Terry Nation for the episode of Dr Who titled
> "The Mutants", but it is referred to as "The Daleks".
>
> Daleks were created by Davros, a Kaled scientist who experimented with his
> people and assimilated them into time machines. He called the creatures
> Daleks. Daleks have no sense of conscience and no emotions.
>

> Interesting note: The Oxford Unabridged Dictionary has a definition for the
> word "Dalek".

I suppose I should have been more specific. :-) What I was trying to ask
was, what was the original origin of the word "Dalek" as used in Dr. Who.
Terry Nation did not draw this word out of his head. The word has a meaning
in another language. What is the language, and what is the meaning? Did I do
better asking this time? :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland