[NTLK] Metricom going dark?

From: Way (firstvln_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 11:23:10 EDT

From Go2Mac.com toady:

Metricom's Ricochet Network Going Dark
Thu, 02 Aug 2001, 10:40

>In one of the biggest tragedies in the technology sector the Ricochet wireless network will be >going dark before the end of the month according to a source. Employees were terminated with
>no notice and offered one week's pay as severance. We will be posting more details soon.

For all us Ricochet modem users, let's hope it's not true. They filed for
Chapter 11 recently and are having an auction of the company.
(http://www.ricochet.net/auctioninfo/index.html)
I hope some investors pick it up and continue the service!
I've used the service with my PB Pismo and Newton for six months and it
has been great. On the Newt the battery drain is high, but I've found
that regular alkalines work best.

Way Wong
Byte-Size Software
http://home.earthlink.net/~firstvln/bytesize.html