[NTLK] Appropriate subjects (was: Re: Stop quoting the whole frigging digest)

From: Loren Finkelstein (Loren_at_Finkelstein.Net)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 17:54:40 EDT

On Friday, August 3, 2001, at 01:45 PM, Eric L. Strobel wrote:

> Seems like a good place to plead for folks to CHANGE THE SUBJECT LINE if
> you're replying to something in a digest. PLEASE!!! It is impossible
> determine if the message is of personal interest if the subject line
> reads
> something like "Re:[NTLK] Newtontalk Digest #xyz". Thank you.

I sort the list by subject and only read the topics I am interested.
It's the closest I can get this list to being like a newsgroup.

The messages with the subject you mention get deleted unread.

I figure that if people want their messages read the least they can do
is make the subject relevant.

Loren