Re: [NTLK] Mileage when using a modem on the rechargeable battery

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 05:20:39 EDT

> So far I've used either alkaline batteries or the external power adapter,
> and I'm trying to find out if an internal rechargeable battery is worth
> it...
Definitly. Depending on the modem your accu/batt has to supply about
20...100mA more than the normal current consumption of the MP2k1 is
(50...80mA). This will result into 30...50% less mileage. Assuming a 1700mAh
accu set (most powerful recent cells) and an average mileage of 24h, using
the modem always if the Newton is on will result in about 12h mileage.
That's the worst case and accus are highly recommended because you'll need
to recharge them more often.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing