Re: [NTLK] Check out this weird auction

From: Humphreys, David (david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 08:53:42 EDT

To bpearce_at_cloud9.net et al

I have so far kept quiet about this service, hoping it
would just fade away, but I feel duty bound to give you guys
some further information.

First, let me say that I am not one to crush the entrepreneurial
spirit. I am, after all, the Father of the SER-001, the serial
adaptor that a number of you have bought.

What is disturbing to me is that at the same time this guy was
advertising his "service" he emailed me to thank me for my
excellent instructions for backlight replacement on my sight
and that he "couldn't have done it without me".

This doesn't exactly inspire confidence!

I have had an email discussion about this subject with him.
I questioned the price of his "service".
He broke it down like this:

Material: $30
Labor: 4hrs @ $25/hr = $100!

FOUR HOURS TO DO A 20MIN JOB!!!!

What made me suspicious of this guy was that, prior to this, he
bought a SER-001 and when he ordered it, my website said $8.50
for international postage and handling.
He paid this and then saw that I had revised this to $5.
Then I get an email from him stating that the postage was clearly
$5 on my webpage so please refund the difference.

I laughed in disbelief and PayPal'ed him $3.50!

Anyway, I am not going to tell you that you should not deal with
him. I do, however, want you to make an informed decision.

Regards,

PCBman