[NTLK] Check out this weird auction

From: Gary Zambrano (gazam_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 09:23:17 EDT

Okay, it's getting wierd. Those who CRITISIZE do not hate. I see this
word used all the time now to describe people who speak their minds.
They call them "haters". Is it used to make that person feel less or
quilty that they supposedly "hate"?

Here's a few definitions from Dictionary.com:
   "To have a great aversion to, with a strong desire that evil should
befall the person toward whom the feeling"
"Strong aversion coupled with desire that evil should befall the person
toward whom the feeling is directed; as exercised toward things, intense
dislike; hatred; detestation..."
"...implies that one is inflamed with extreme dislike. We abhor what is
deeply repugnant to our sensibilities or feelings."

I don't think we are "hating" Ozguner.

Now. We can always just report unethical, dubious activity to eBay.
There is a strict rule at eBay about selling CDR with unlicenced
software and quack-like activity as well I'm sure. You know those
"wholesale information for bids" auctions.

As for the backlight issue. I'll wait 'til someone offers me a better
deal at replacing the backlight or I'll do it myself. Since Humprey
looks like he knows what he is doing I would entrust him. That's just me
thinking this out. If it were the one Doctor Newt (or something like
that) then I would have him do it as well since he is well known for
upgrading Newts.