Re: [NTLK] Back up time

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 09:27:12 EDT

on 14-08-2001 12:33, Marco Mailand at Newton2k1_at_mac.com wrote:

> I've never ever done a backup over Ethernet faster than 15min. I think 5mins
> is possible only w/o b/u of packages and very little amount of data. What
> sizes of the important soups do you have?
> Here's what I have to deal with:
> calls: 226k
> todos: 124k
> names: 570k
> newtworks: 385k
> notes: 401k
> qfigure: 761k
> dates: 310k
> and about 20 other soups with sizes between 1...80k

I just did an Ethernet backup, took 2 minutes and 52 seconds for a total of
2501k internal and 5598k on my 8MB card.
(so this was all info plus packages)
I backup to a Cube 450 at the moment, but mileage didn't vary very much with
my 7300 or 9600 as far as I remember.
To make the rest of the comparison:

no calls (I never use that app)
todos: 5k
names: 587k
newtworks: 1k
notes: 700k
qfigure: 1k
dates: 7k

Recently emptied Works and use SuperNotePad more anyway and Dates get
deleted once they're done.

Robert Benschop