[NTLK] Final Thoughts (was- Check out this weird auction)

From: Humphreys, David (david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 09:55:26 EDT

Gentlemen,

I feel, after reading some of the mail on this
thread, that I need to clarify some points.

As this discussion progressed, it seems to have mutated
into a disparaging rant towards Mr. Ozguner.

MY intention, at least, was not to discourage him from
providing this service, but to show that I have some
doubts on his technical abilities based on my email
discussions with him.

Despite what some contributors to this thread believe
and/or have expressed, here are the facts:

1/ The information on my website is free for all to use.
   I place NO RESTRICTIONS on it and do not consider it
   "intellectual property".

2/ I AM NOT in Competition with Mr. Ozguner.

3/ I DO NOT think he is "ripping me off" in any way.

4/ The information on my website contains instructions
   on how to replace a backlight - GENERALLY. I make no
   claim that Mr. Ozguner has, or is, selling it in part
   or whole.

5/ I don't care if he, or anyone else DOES use it. ITS FREE.

Finally, Mr. Ozguner, please accept my public apology for
what has become a nasty rant at times.
I hope you continue to serve the Newton community.

However, I think that your advertising strategy does not
help with establishing your credibility.
If you work on this, I am sure you will be successful.

Peace to all,

David Humphreys