Re: [NTLK] Beginnings

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 14:52:12 EDT

<SNIP>
> They were in house units, possibly
> used for testing
> or demos or something. It has a serial number etched
> in it but other than
> that bone
> stock.
<SNIP>

I acquired my 120 in a similar fashion. The company I
worked for got an early release 120 w/os1.3 on it. It
didn't have the sticker on the back nor did it have a
s/n. I could never get much interest in the 120 to our
clients, so I asked my boss if I could "use" the unit
for my personal device. He agreed and I used it until
the Apple OS2.0 upgrade was offered. I sent in this
device for an upgrade and Apple sent me a note saying
that they are going to keep the device because it was
an internal test machine. I was devistated! Through
some fast talking and some social engineering, I
convinced them to send the device back,
upgraded...along with 5 additional "demo" 120/OS2.0
devices, with an option to get the new device when it
becomes available (never happened, but it was exciting
none the less!)
I got my upgraded 120 back and never sent it in again!
Ed
web/gadget guru

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...