[NTLK] *Must Have* apps?

From: Gary Zambrano (Gazam_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 22:24:00 EDT

I think that whatever you primarily feel you need the Newton for, dictates
what packages you install.

I use PocketQuicken 1.2 for keeping track of my FINANCES and various
accounts. Must have for that.

Then most of my packages are MUSIC related. I love the fact that I could hum
a melody or tap a beat into the mic and make a recording in notes. Then, I
use something like TonePad to play with the idea or NewtChorder and
ChordBook to find a key and guitar chords and so forth. EarTrainer for
interval eart training. And MusicPad, a full and awesome music scoring app.

And for CLIENT hour tracking, TimeReporter by Iambic. It's a great package.
Then a drawing application like NewtPaint to sketch any quick layouts or
what have you.

Utilities are really up to how much customization you need or want. I like
E-Z Access 2.1. A simple mini Mac-like menu you can launch apps from and
create new to-dos and notes, etc.

There is also a very neat button bar BACKGROUND changer by Nikki Beya called
Stripe1.22. You can find it here http://www.linkclub.or.jp/~syut/

Okay that's my contribution...good luck and have fun discovering!