[NTLK] Am I using my 4Mb memory card wrong?

From: General Mail (gcmail_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 19:26:24 EDT

Ok,

So I've got a new 4Mb memory card in my MP2100. Now it seems that 50% of
the time, when I attempt to startup the Newton it doesn't come up. Then I
get the "Do you want to erase all of your data?" screen. So, I say NO...and
then it reboots.

Usually after rebooting it says that the system restarted due to complete
power loss (?!)

I've got 100% battery power showing in Avi's Backdrop and brand new Duracell
Ultras inside.

The problem only started after I had the memory card in the machine for a
while.

The card is in the bottom slot, and I've moved most of my Notes to the card.
There's nothing in the top slot (except the blank).

Is there something I'm doing wrong here? Does it matter which slot the card
is in?

Has anyone heard of this sort of problem?

Regards,

Gavin.