Re: [NTLK] A Messagepad for my wife! But which one?!%26In-Reply-To=%26lt;4120018120153723170@earthlink.net>

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 02:57:20 EDT

I use the 130 and find it far superior to the 120. The biggest reason??
Heap! The 130 has enough heap to run for days or weeks of heavy usage
without having to reset to clear up memmory. With my 120 and most apps
frozen, I was constantly having to reset to free up memory, and that was
with a garbage clean-up app. It just doesn't have what it takes. The second
reason? Backlight. With the backlight, you are no longer limited on where or
when you can use the Newton. I know that I used to get frustrated trying to
read my 120 in stores or waiting rooms because of dim or uneven lighting.
Forget using it in the car at night. The backlight opens up too many doors
of opportunity to use it to ignore it. Besides, you can use it for a
flashlight to get around or to find and use your keys at night. :-) I
heartily endorse the 130 as a beginner unit. She is more likely to be
satisfied with that and not want a 2100 or give up in frustration, than she
would be with anything less. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --John Adams