Re: [NTLK] eMate battery repair: Backup required?

From: Andy Wells (andywells_at_hotkey.net.au)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 19:42:35 EDT

Frank Gruendel wrote
>I don't know whether the eMate forgets everything when you remove the main
>battery, off the cuff I don't even know if it has a backup battery or not.
>Can anyone chime in here? I'd gladly put this recommendation on my page if
>this problem exists.

>Frank

G'day
AFAIK it has a capacitor for backup purposes.
I have two batteries for mine ( one on the way to being refreshed BTW )
which I rotate between eMate and fridge, thanks for that tip Frank :-)
I am able to change these with no loss of data. Also had enough time to
remove the battery and install the memory upgrade chip with no need to
restore.

Not sure how long capacitor will hold charge for.
If you only have one battery for your green buddy and refreshing a pack
takes a little longer than a couple of minutes ;-) I would most definitely
be backing it up first.

cheers
Andy

Andy Wells