Re: [NTLK] emate battery

From: Stephanie Maks (steph_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 20:43:50 EDT

Like the MP2x00 Newtons, the eMate stores it's packages and data on Flash
memory. You can leave it unplugged without batteries for a long, long time,
several years, without worry about losing your data.

The MP2x00's do have a small capacitor which is used to keep the real time
clock running in between battery changes.

The eMate, however, does not. When you unplug your eMate and remove the
batteries, it will forget the time and the date. It will not forget
anything else. Then when you plug it back in or reinsert the batteries it
will restart and tell you "The system restarted because all power was
removed." or words to that effect. Reset the time and date and away you go.

-Stephanie

p.s. other Newts may use Flash too...I don't know. I just have an MP2100
and the eMate, so that's all I know for sure.