[NTLK] My first 2000! plus more...

From: b|indwo|f (blindwolf_at_cfl.rr.com)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 09:23:26 EDT

WOW!!!

Last nite I did a little poking on the hiebook. Some of you may remember my
post. So I decided tar, feathers and damnation, I'm gonna buy one. I
pre-ordered one last nite. Don't know how I will D/L books for it (actually
load em to iTools then go to a terminal somewhere and jank em) but I will be
able to tell everyone how it really is. Whether the HWR is any good. How
is the pim. What about 3rd party software? If you want to send me a list
of questions (off list please), I will keep them and after I get the unit, I
will test out whatever you want on it. Fun :_)

Now you might be wondering what this has to do with a 2000??? well... it
has to do with keeping me up late because I got a bit wired... and an email
comes through with a brand new 2000 on ebay for 275... in the box, all the
goodies, it's not sealed, but claims bought for him 3/4 years ago and he
never used it. booted it up and of course it runs fine. So I bought that
too!!!! Of course, my poor MP130 maybe looking for a new home very very
soon. Though I have to say, that to me the MP130 is a fine machine. I
found it superior to Palm et al in every way. With one exception. I have
to put up with you guys to understand how to do everything with my Newton
*wink* and the palm comes with "customer support" ROTFL.

Now, obviously I am looking for an upgrade for this 2000, so if anyone is
the wiser on a deal let me know. And there is the question of what can I
do with my 2000 that my MP130 would not... but it can all wait... After
all, the mail hasn't even gone out this morning so I have a few days before
it's in my hands...

b|indwo|f
"i feel giddy as a schoolgirl" - from the cache

postscript. no i have hardly slept if that's not sorely evident