Re: [NTLK] emate: nearing the end of the saga! Please Help!

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 17:57:20 EDT

on 23-08-2001 10:25, b|indwo|f at blindwolf_at_cfl.rr.com wrote:

> The USPS has told me that in order to recieve an insurance settlement, they
> require keeping the unit. However, they do not require the upgrade chips.
> Therefore, I need to know, besides the two evident chips under the cover in
> front of the battery, is there anything else I need to yank prior to giving
> them the unit so I can use the chips to upgrade a new eMate? I have to go
> tomorrow or I lose the right to get the insurance settlement. So please, I
> know all of you will dash out a reply.

David, the upgrade chip is the one on the left (this is looking at the
backside with the battery on top and reset button on the right) the one on
the right is the ROM, normally you don't touch that chip and if you remove
it the eMate won't work anymore.

BTW, to remove the upgrade card you first have to get past the two little
white things on the side that hold it in place (while putting the upgrade in
they snap) and than you'll have to lift it to 45 degrees before you can pull
it out.

Robert Benschop

P.S.
I already mailed David that I'm trying to see if one of the eMates that I do
still have in stock can be brought back to live.