Re: [NTLK] AW: sorry about this but... if I got a palm, are there ANY decent HWRapps for it

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 18:01:06 EDT

I remember on my original Newt120 OS1.3, the inside of
the lid had these archaic "gesture" editing features.
My Newton 120 OS2.0 doesn't have these hints...I'll
have to take a look at that Newt again and see what
they are...
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- "Michael J. Hußmann" <michael_at_michael-hussmann.de>
wrote:

> Zachery Bir (zbir_at_urbanape.com) wrote:
>
> > I thought I remembered from my MP100 days that
> there was a little edit=
> ors
> > mark you could make to remove unwanted spaces -
> akin to the ^ to inser=
> t a
> > space.
>
> It's a "v" shaped gesture slightly below the line.
>
> > I also recall a gesture going from the base of a
> letter straight up th=
> rough
> > it that would capitalize a letter...
>
> First select the word, then strike through the first
> letter from bottom
> to top to capitalize it, or somewhere in the middle
> of the word to
> capitalize all its letters. The same gestures, only
> downwards, will get
> you lowercase again.
>
> Four strokes through a letter (either upwards,
> downwards, upwards,
> downwards or downwards, upwards, downwards, upwards)
> will delete it.
>
> All of this still works under NOS 2.1.

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...