Re: [NTLK] For Mr. Lee

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 11:45:26 EDT

------------------
>Woo Lee,

Samuel Jacobson,
----------------
> Hmm, an interesting conclusion on your end as I have not made any
changes on mine.

Neither have I nor my Newt. ;-)
----------------
>Yet your stamp still comes in as 12/31/1600 and also, which I forgot to
mention, is always at 8 p.m.. Most of the other emails I get are
>fine, including my own when I post to the NUG.

How about replying to this post with the header, I'd like to see the
electronic pathway it goes thru.
-----------------
>I recently switched my email server to Earthlink with the hope of avoiding
any viral attacks that might come Microsoft Outlook Express' way.

I also use Earthlink dial-up.
Viral attacks won't avoid Earthlink. You can minimize but not prevent if
you use a Mac versus a Win. Using Eudora for Mac is alot safer than OE.
-----------------
>If it is on my end perhaps there is
>something wrong in either my preferences or with the program itself.

If you're using OE, you might need to update it, I got weird date/time
headers with every OS update on the Mac.
This is why I use my Newt. for email, no virii(Uh-oh, I did a faux pas!),
no updates, and works on my trusty Newt.
-----------------
> Yet, while you are travelling around in time, perhaps you can have a
small chat with Steve Job's and try and convince him of the merits of the
Newton before he terminates it. Hopefully, though, no paradox will occur as
I am sort of fond of having SpaceTime unsundered.

I did have a small stop in mid-1980's, I tried to bear fruit of the future
to come but he kept screaming away yelling 'Ow! Ow! Ow!', 'I have a pin in
my head!'...therefore the term 'Pinhead'...and yes, Bill was laughing and
hiding the rest of the pins.
------------------
> Although, if you are always showing the same stamp I would be more
worried for you as you may be stuck in time...

>Always,

Not the same time stamp, every minute it keeps changing by the minute.

Ah, to be stuck in time, brings new meaning to the phrase 'let me think
about that'. :-)

!ooW %-)
My Newt. will still be productive way after the last Palm/Handspringis
six-feet under.
Pres. of Los Angeles Newton Users Group!
 http://www.newtontalk.net