Re: [NTLK] Paul's 710031 sys. patch

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 30 2001 - 00:33:22 EDT

Yes, the 710031 system patch can be installed over ANY
2x00 MP. When you check the memory info, the system
patch shows 710031-1
This patch fixes a particularly annoying bug in
upgraded Newts. You won't need this for the MP2100,
and most likely you won't need this for a Dr. Newton
MP2000 upgrade. When I got my Dr. Newton upgraded
MP2000 back from Apple for other unrelated repairs,
the newton came back with errors when trying to
perform a search anywhere. The 710031 patch fixed this
and now my newt functions as if new.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Roman Tarnovetsky <romantic_at_arvotek.net> wrote:

> Taken from Paul Guyot's system patch (710031) Read
> Me text: "The
> Newton can have only one system update installed."
> My question is, can Paul's 710031 patch be installed
> over the 717260.
> Secondly, does memory info show up as 717260-1 if
> this is done.? Roman

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...