Re: [NTLK] NUGWash meeting

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 13:18:07 EDT

on 31/08/01 12:48, Filmer, Paul E at pfilmer_at_nsf.gov wrote:

> OK, it sounds like LANUG is having too much fun. It's time for DC's
> Newt-wonks to get together again... (plus any passers through, of course!)
>
> Now that I am actually in town for more than one week, I can actually devote
> some time to trying to organize interest etc. in our THIRD meeting (no snide
> remarks from you Woo, about your SIX, soon to be SEVEN meetings... ;-)
>
> My DC-area meeting page is still there on my Newt server, at
>
> http://128.150.4.33/html/-88186101$191.nsd
>
> Along with a list of other area meetings I try to keep up to date at
>
> http://128.150.4.33/html/-88186101$216.nsd
>
> Please drop me a line if you are interested in a DC-area meeting, and
> indicate the following preferences:
>
> Day of week (or an actual date)
> Time of start
> Location (offers welcome)
> Theme suggestions (tiki lamps don't count - I mean Newton-related, like
> d-bases, wireless, etc.)
>
> If we have the facilities, maybe we'll try to run RemoteCam + NPDS from the
> meeting, just to show off to LANUG... (and stress test NPDS' multiple
> request capabilities...)
>
> So, who's game? Who will be travelling to DC? Paul G.? (we always seem to
> miss him...). Ronnie? Woo? Victoria?

Paul,

Date? I don't have any problem with a meeting but it needs to be on
Wednesdays. I would be able to make it on Tuesdays and Fridays if it doesn't
start to early, relative to the location. I have soccer practices for my son
from 6:00pm to 7:30pm, so I guess you could start at 7:30pm and I would be
more or less late.

Location? Hmmm, I don't know, if you mean a specific location. As a general
location, Northern Virginia or DC is fine with me.

Theme? Anything you or other attendees want! I have somehow more knowledge
in programming topics, but that's not always something that interests
everybody!

Let me know!

-Laurent.

bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, trying to produce
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
-Rich Cook