Re: [NTLK] E-mate problems and Non-Newt Yet Related HandheldQuestion

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 00:36:11 EST

>>On 10/14/01 @ 2:16 PM, Samuel Jacobson wrote:
>>
>>Also, traditional notebooks worth their salt will
>>generally be 2-3 times more expensive than the Clio
>>1050, thus I was hoping to save money after my
>>eMate. etc., debacle. Yet the concern of making
>>another error is pressing...
>
>On 10/15/01 @ 2:16 PM, Jon Glass wrote:
>
>Exactly what capabilities are you needing on the
>portable? Maybe an older Notebook would suffice,
>or, might I suggest an old Macintosh Duo? They can
>be quite tiny, can run Microsoft 5.1, and can also
>run programs like Endnote or such, to help with
>organizing.

Agree with Jon's comments.

Personally, I have a PB 170 running System 7.5.5. I can easily run MSFT
Word 6, Excel 5 and PP 4.

I also use a program called FullWrite Professional -- great non unicode
wordprocessor. It does Endnotes, Footnotes and much much more. It runs
fine on System 7 through 9. I haven't tried it on X (Classic) yet since
I don't have a computer running X right now.

By the way, FullWrite comes on 4 floppies (two for the program and two
for the dictionary and samples). It's fast, simple and easy to use.

But I digress. The reason that I like the PB170, is that it has a B&W
TFT. I can use it at night (wonderful backlight) or outside during a
bright sunny day.

I bought mine new quite some years ago for a chunk of $. However, when
you can find them, they can be had for $20-$30 which isn't bad.

Sushi