Re: [NTLK] "Internal Audio Out Jack Project" web site

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 03:08:34 EST

on 02/12/01 18:10, James Elliott at rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Hey, how about a USB port for 1x0 MessagePads? Is there room to
> replace the serial port? That would be really cool for my 120. I
> wowed a few people by printing directly from it to a StyleWriter
> 2400, but I's love to print to newer printers, too.

Not that I want to rain on your parade, but you might not be that successful
in printing to newer printers if you don't have drivers for them, or if they
can't emulate older printers...

-Laurent.

Blue Screen of Death n.: [common] This term is closely related to the older Black Screen of Death but much more common (many non-hackers have picked it up). Due to the extreme fragility and bugginess of Microsoft Windows, misbehaving applications can readily crash the OS (and the OS sometimes crashes itself spontaneously). The Blue Screen of Death, sometimes decorated with hex error codes, is what you get when this happens. (Commonly abbreviated BSOD.)