Re: [NTLK] names b'day& anniv /dates question

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 04:29:23 EST

> Are the special dates you enter into the names app (like birthdays and
> anniversaries) always updated into dates?
There is the question "There are new birthday entries in Names, do you want
to update them in Dates?" after you had to reset your unit. If you answer
Yes they will be *copied* to notes, meaning that they might get duplicated
(That's what I observed while using different dates applications and
different language Newtons). So I do never let the Newton copy the bdys into
dates, because Avi's Backdrop gives me a nice remember function for bdys.
During synch and restore the Newton has less dates to deal with because each
bdy is a separate entry and appears thus in PalmDesktop too.

> ...but I forgot to make sure that I was moving
> dates entered into names as well.
What was entered or copied into dates automagically will also appear at the
new Newton and if this new device has another language and you let again
fill in all bdys you'll get them duplicated. In my case I had to delete
about 500 bdy entries of only 5 persons elder than 50 :-(

> I think it should. I hope it does... :)
It does but I would strongly recommend against but use something else like
ABD.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing