[NTLK] Apple Repair SUCKS

From: DON (don_at_dcphotos.com)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 09:45:25 EST

            Well,
I got my Newton 2100 back from APPLE REPAIR for the Third time and...
It's still not fixed correctly.
 For those not keeping score at home, I sent it in the first time because it
just died on me. Oddly, after going thru an X-ray machine in Houston. I was
on the plane and the it was working fine on the Apple brand rechargeable
battery, we were backing out onto the runway and then it locked up on me so
I did a reset and it flash a blank green screen two or three times and that
was it.
So, I sent it into Apple and it came back in a week, but would not accept
input with the stylus.
SO, I sent it back and it came back in a week. It worked fine with the
stylus, but would not work with the Apple rechargeable battery. Actually, It
would recharge the battery but the battery would not seat properly. I had to
press it in really hard.
SO, round three...
I sent it back and this time it took them over a week, it was being
"repaired" accordingly to the web site for 6 days. So I figure the must have
found some problem. I mean 6 days on the bench.
Now here's were we have a small detour...
I sent this in the third time 2 weeks BEFORE Thanksgiving. The other two
repairs I sent in on a Monday and got it back the next Monday. Well, the
first week goes by and no Newton SO, I call and tell them to ship it to my
Mom's in Florida because no one will be at my house in Texas for the next
two weeks. NO PROBLEM they tell me PLENTY of time to alert them it's still
on the bench being "REPAIRED".
HA Thanksgiving comes and goes, no Newton for me. I call the Monday after
Thanksgiving and Apple tells me they shipped it, it arrive in Texas on the
20 of Nov. and hmmmmmm sez here it was left under the door mat!!! And we
had had some hell of a rain/freeze in Texas.
So, I arrive home Saturday Dec.1 and sure enuff there is a box under the
doormat.
I rush inside and open it up and the repair slip said "No defect found"
replace Nihd battery!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
The battery works fine and it worked fine BEFORE apple opened up my Newton.
So I called APPLE again and again they sent me another box to ship it in.
More later...
Don