Re: [NTLK] Apple Repair SUCKS

From: gopi_at_sin.sloth.org
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 15:45:53 EST

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, DON wrote:
> Well,
> I got my Newton 2100 back from APPLE REPAIR for the Third time and...

I had very, very bad luck with them. They managed to damage one of my
Newtons after three attempts. THey didn't solder all the wires in
properly, among other things. I am planning to sue them in small claims
court very soon.

They eventually offered to give me a $400 credit towards some other
devices if I signed an NDA. I've yet to see the NDA, but when talking
about it with them, I was also informed that the NDA includes the
requirement that I send the Newton back to them.

They said:
Go out, buy a device, send us the receipt, we'll fax you an NDA, sign it,
send it back, we'll get you a check in 6 to 8 weeks.

I paid them $200; they'll essentially be giving me $200 compensation. The
interconnect port was the only problem with it.

I'll probably be filing charges within a month; if anybody else has sued a
company in small claims court, I'd be interested in hearing opinions on it
:)

Good luck in your dealings with apple.