Re: [NTLK] NOS 2.0 ROM in Sharp ExpertPad?

From: THX 1138 (onefishtwofish_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 19:40:02 EST

On 12/10/01, James Elliott quoth:
>Would it be possible to take a 120 2.0 ROM and
>install it in an ExpertPad? What I read of the hardware makes me
>think that there is no reason that it would not work.

Except as I recall the ROM is soldered in an ExpertPad. There are
also some subtle hardware differences in a 120 and an ExpertPad as
the latter is based on the OMP architecture.

However, if you have the ExpertPad to spare, by all means prove me
wrong. I'm a sucker for a good hack, and the ExpertPad is still one
of my favorite Newtons. I almost wish I still had mine... But that's
another tale.

later,

--
ben.