Re: [NTLK] NOS 2.0 ROM in Sharp ExpertPad?

From: James Elliott (rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 16:26:13 EST

The thumbwheel, now that I had thought of. I was unaware, though
that not all 120s were upgradeable. What I read at the Newton
Gallery and elsewhere mentioned nothing like that. Either way, the
ExpertPads arrived today and I can start to look into this more
closely. Needless to say, I will keep you guys posted.

-James

>Just remember there were 2 versions of the 120 (1.3) that came out: one with
>minimal internal memory, the other (upgradeable) with 2 MB of internal.
>AFAIR, the second was the only one with the removeable ROM card - and you
>couldn't upgrade the early version due to memory limitations.......possibly
>the death-knell for this project?
>
>Other point: the 1.3 EPad had a slightly different system to the 110/120: it
>kept the software contrast slider rather than the thumbwheel.
>
>What difference this would make 'in real life'....dunno.
>
>-D

The James Elliott Newton Site:
http://www.geocities.com/rootbeeraddict/newton.html
Is that a Newton in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?