Re: [NTLK] MP2100 clock losing time

From: Russ Gorman (russgorman_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 13:28:26 EST

> On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Russ wrote:
> My wife's MP 2100 just came back for the third time from apple repair.
> This time it came back and is still working two weeks later but the clock
> no longer keeps time- any suggestions?

It was in just to replace the cover which had cracked around the latch.

>> This happens when Apple replaces the system board but doesn't do the
>> factory calibrations necessary for it to function properly. They messed
>> up.

This was a knowledgeable guess- the reciept says they changed the Main
Board during the last repair attempt.

>Yep, I can confirm. I had the same problem once, after receiving my Newton
>from Apple for a repair. Had to send it back :-/
>-Laurent.

Thanks for the advice!
 I called Apple and they are taking it back in for the 4th time-in the
many times I have called,each representative has been seemingly more
competent and friendly.
Though we only paid for first repair ($194.95 incl. shipping and
handling) it is frustrating to keep having to send it back.
The number for those in need is now 1 (800)-275-2273

I will let you all know how it goes this time.