Re: [NTLK] New family member...

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 12:25:42 EST

On 18/12/01 11:53, "John Ruschmeyer" <jruschme_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Hmm... "innovative, revolutionary, and different"... not much there. Maybe
> Apple is going to OEM the Seque. :-)
>
> "Powerful, user-friendly, and eye-catching"... sounds like most recent Apple
> products.
>
> Personally, I'm in the new iMac camp. I'll believe a new PDA when I see it.
>
> <<<john>>>

It will be most likely a new iMac with a flat panel. I saw a mention on
MacNN to a real business article to the effect that the largest notebook
manufacturer in Taiwan did receive an order to build 1 million iMacs for the
first quarter of 2002. It was, from what I can tell, public announcement,
and, like I said, was posted on some financial site I forget, not your usual
rumors site...

-Laurent.

benchmark n.: [techspeak] An inaccurate measure of computer performance. "In
the computer industry, there are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and
benchmarks." Well-known ones include Whetstone, Dhrystone, Rhealstone (see
h), the Gabriel LISP benchmarks (see gabriel), the SPECmark suite, and
LINPACK. See also machoflops, MIPS, smoke and mirrors.