Re: [NTLK] MP2x00 Display Upgrade - update

From: Calvin Grier (cgrier_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 16:28:07 EST

I should have explained this better:

The backlight in your MP2x00 right now is a bright green (unless you've made
your own colored EL panel.) The bright green color is only faintly visible
when the backlight is OFF, but is very visible when ON.

With a "converted white" backlight, the EL panel is no more visible than the
one you have now, but it does change the loook a little bit if you do a
side-by side comparison of two MP2x00 units. Obviously the display looks
much different when the backlight is on, since the soft-white color of the
display makes it more pleasing to the eye.

Don't confuse "bright pink" with "hot pink"! A better description might be a
"light pastel pink. I really doesn't look bad, and is used in some of the
more popular PDA/Ebook products on the market right now.

Specifics on the contrast will have to wait, since I don't have the
engineering samples to test yet. I expect the contrast to be more apparent
with the backlight on, but that might not be true. We'll have to see.

-Calvin
http://pw2.netcom.com/~cgrier