[NTLK] Waba vs. VNC groveling

From: Sean Luke (sean_at_cs.gmu.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 22:15:58 EST

Ugh, I note that finally VNC has overtaken Waba for "Best New Software"
(http://www.thisoldnewt.com/vote/vote.cgi), with 20 votes to 19. Now,
I'll be the first to admit that VNC is a pretty dang cool piece of
work. But Waba's my baby! So here's my groveling list for why you
should VOTE FOR WABA!

        - Though Steve and Paul worked on VNC, Steve and Paul AND I worked
on Waba. Yeah! More programmers means cooler code, right?
        - I think there's a fair chance that it's got more code than any
third-party project ever written for the Newt, and it's written in three
simultaneous programming languages (NS, Java, C++). Bigger equals
better! Complexity equals cool! I'm sure that Alan Turing said that
somewhere!
        - It's Java on the Newton for heaven's sake! More or less! Kinda!
        - It comes with three libraries and over fifty computer programs!
Including a fair number that actually work!
        - VNC for the Newton was sponsored work by Microsoft!
        - I've never won before. Steve's won oodles of times!

Plus...argh, I'm running out of groveling pitches here. DANG IT,
SOMEONE VOTE FOR WABA!

Sean, beside himself...