Re: [NTLK] Is It Safe to Buy From eBay?

From: Mark Ross (markross13_at_home.com)
Date: Mon Dec 24 2001 - 12:51:56 EST

>There are a few things I'm looking at on eBay right now (newtons).
>Having never used an online auction before, I wondered if it was safe.
>Are there any questions I should ask the seller before bidding, and will
>eBay reimburse me if the product isn't what it's supposed to be?
>Thanks a lot.

eBay has millions of transactions taking place with the vast majority of
them without incident. If that were not so, it would quickly shut down
from bad press. They have a number of mechanisms to insure a good
result. Check the seller's ratings that people leave. They can say a
lot. If it is a new seller, you take a bigger risk, although the vast
majority of sellers are honest. EBay also has other guarantees to
prevent problems as well as escrow systems you can use at additional
cost. They are all listed on the site.

Mark Ross
markross13_at_home.com