Re: [NTLK] Travelling with the Newton for the first time

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 02:21:48 EDT

I kinda doubt that BlueTooth will need to be turned
off. It uses the 2.4Ghz spectrum and it is already so
crowded, I doubt that a 20 foot range BlueTooth device
will affect anything...besides, when BlueTooth is
fully implemented, it will be an "always-on"
technology so the only way it can be turned off is to
completly power-down the device...in some cases this
will mean removing the batteries!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Bill Davis <newton_at_ecity.net> wrote:

> >> they would not let us use any electronic items
> during the flight.
> >
> >I went to Portugal from Hanover, and I could use my
> Video camera as well as
> >my PowerBook 190, except during starts and landing.
> >
> >It was some Spanish airline, Ibera, IIRC.
> >Maybe European airlines aren't as paranoid...?
> >
> >I don't know how it'd be today, with all this
> Airport/802.11/Bluetooth
> >possible -- maybe they don't allow usage, just like
> with cell phones.
> >
> >Ciao,
> >
> >Felix
> >--
>
> I belive Apple specifically TELLS you to turn off
> the AirPort (802.11)
> cards in flight. Dunno about bluetooth; it's much
> lower power and range.
>
> -Bill

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...