Re: [NTLK] AW: Memory fault in 2100

From: Humphreys, David (david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 11:39:05 EDT

> Tried a 'brain wipe' and tried both patches - no joy.
>
> It's looking increasingly like a 2000 in a 2100 case :-(
>
> Oh well - back to the vendor!
>
> Many thanks for all your suggestions
>
> M =^..^=

Similar story:

This has happened to me - by Apple no less!!

I sent in my UMP2000 to be repaired. The MLB was changed
and I got a 2000 back. :(

I called and complained that it had been an upgraded unit
and they added the extra memory.

I suppose it could be argued that they were trying to
fit the correct board in a 2000 case but they do
have it on record as an updated unit.

Anyway, as I have said, you will know for sure if you
look inside, patches notwithstanding.

Regards,

David Humphreys