Re: [NTLK] Another Apple/Newton Rumor

From: Loren Finkelstein (Loren_at_Finkelstein.Net)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 11:57:18 EDT

It's funny the things people come up with.

Here's one thing I have noticed, repeatedly. A lot of these Apple PDA
fantasies refer to future Newton's running some form of OS X.

What defined the Newton was it's operating system, Newton OS. The hardware
it ran on was called the MessagePad.

So, if Apple comes out with a PDA running some form of OS X, it won't be a
Newton, or even a Newton 2. It might be a MessagePad, but not a Newton.

It seems like an interesting idea. I don't know which I would prefer. An
updated Newton OS, or a new Mac OS X lite os. I love the Newton, but also
love OS X, so it would be interesting to see.

It doesn't matter. Apple doesn't and won't...

Loren