Re: [NTLK] backlight app?

From: John Johnson (kamikazebear_at_excite.com)
Date: Sat Jul 14 2001 - 20:36:21 EDT

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:10:37 -0400, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> i'm looking for an a way to automatically turn my backlight on whenever i
> turn on my newton.
>
> any suggestions?

Best try the 'preferences' panel in the 'extras' drawer: the fact is what
I've read in the manual seemd to discourage much use of the backlight as if
the lighting element would wear out and not be easy to replace (may not be
true but I don't know!), then there is the question of how much energy the
backlight uses. Whenever I accidentally touch the 'light' button I rush, in
a total panic, to turn it off.

John Johnson