[NTLK] TCP/IP connections

From: PCBman (pcbman_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 01:22:05 EDT

Ok. Now it's my turn to ask for help.

I am trying to establish communications between my MP2x00 and
my PC using hyperterminal.

The set-up is this:

Newton with 3C589C Etherlink card. All drivers installed and working.
Connect via TCP/IP (TT) selected.

IP address chooser

Dock to DEEP_THOUGHT
Address 90.0.0.1
Port 80

Internet setup:

Ethernet
Configuration: Manual
Card: 3Com 3C589 PC card
Subnet Mask: 255:255:255:0
Local IP: 90.0.0.5
Gateway/Router Address: 90.0.0.1
Primary DNS: 90.0.0.1
Domain name : DEEP_THOUGHT

On the PC:

Hyperterminal is set to listen on 90.0.0.5 port 80

I have a 4 port hub that the newton and my PC are hooked to.

I start the connection on my newton and the ethernet led lights on the cable
It says establishing a link then waiting for a response then times out.

I know I have one or more settings wrong but I am lost.

Can anyone help?

Regards,

David Humphreys