Re: [NTLK] uMP2000/2100 vs. eMate

From: Samuel Jacobson (sjacobso_at_chuma.cas.usf.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:40:50 EDT

Dear All,
  Thank you for your input on the uMP2000/2100 vs. eMate, and a special
thanks to Dr. Shaw as it is quite helpful, and fortuitous, getting a chance
to speak to someone that has been through what I am now going through and
used the Newton technology to get their Thesis, etc., completed.

  I like the uMP2000 and eMate 300 combination and should be set to go with
a uMP2000. However the only eMate I have come across is one on eBay that the
seller says is in good condition (e.g. no screen ware, overall in good
shape) but does NOT have the DRAM upgrade.

  Does anyone know of another good condition eMate for sale (especially NO
scratches on the screen as this really bothers my eyes/concentration) or
where I can get the DRAM upgrade for the unit?

  Also, is there any benefit to the Type III PCMCIA slot on the eMate?

  Thanks everyone.

Respectfully,

Sam