Re: [NTLK] Ethernet PCMCIA 3Com Etherlink III 3C589D-Combo

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 15:41:44 EDT

I have several "combo" cards and have never been able
to get any of them to work in my Newt... Because of
that, I decided to go with a tried and true
DLINK-660e. With the picky nature of the Newt and it's
PCMCIA slots, you would be best to go with a more
popular ethernet connection because there are more of
us using those...and of course, all the problems have
been worked out. If you go with one that few people
have, well...yuo're kinda out on your own!.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Stefan Hassenstein <list.SH_at_gmx.de> wrote:

> well, sorry to bother the Braintrust again,
>
> but not knowing enough bout all this PCMCIA things,
> i wonder wether a
>
> Ethernet PCMCIA 3Com Etherlink III 3C589D-Combo
>

> would work in a MP21k Newton ?
>

> V. Rehorst lists only a 3C589D (without that
> "Combo")
> on his great side
> (http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/)
>
> IF it would work i could go on and bet on Ebay.....
> :-)
>

> Any help greatly appreciated !
>
> Stefan
> --
> Stefan Hassenstein - stef_at_orpheus.s.bawue.de

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...