[NTLK] new 2000 user

From: Matt Wilson (matt_at_gcsl.co.nz)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 01:20:15 EDT

I recently upgraded from a 130 to a 2000 .... wow what a difference!! My
problem is I am still waiting for my dongle so I can't connect to my
windows machine. I have a modem in the 2000 and I have three flash cards. I
have been loading packages to the 130 (on the flash card) and transfering
the flash card to the 2000... hey presto I can load packages... but any
packages that require 2.1 won't load to the 130... so I can't get NIE 2
going.

I have tried connecting to my desktop via the modem but NCU won't answer.

Is there anything around that will allow me to copy pkg files directly to
apple flash cards from my laptop?

Is there a way to get my desktop to answer the call from my 2000?

or should I just be patient and wait for the dongle to arrive.

BTW my modem is a zircom credit card modem+ethernet 10/100 combo

my laptop is a Tosh with a built in modem (com5)

my flash cards are all apple ( 2mb and 4mb)

Newton is a std 2000 (not upgraded)

Thanks in advance

Matt
matt_at_gcsl.co.nz