Re: [NTLK] cannot use the modem: what could be the reason?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 10:21:18 EDT

On Tuesday, July 24, 2001, at 09:36 PM, Oliver Hardt wrote:

> Hello: i am not a very experienced newtonan, so this question may sound
> silly to you: I have a MP2100 and a hayes optima 336 modem. whenever
> I try
> to use the modem, for example in nethopper, I get the errormessage:
> -16022
> (which translates to Operation failed because a resource was not
> available).
> What kind of resource could that be? Thanks. Olli.

That's a fairly common error. What happens is that your Newton cannot
guess in which slot is your modem. So, I'm guessing that you have
probably created an internet setup. You need to go back to this setup.
Then, check to see the modem settings. If there is nothing by that name
in your setup, tap "Add", then tap "Modem Settings". If "Modem Settings"
is already in the list, then tap on it. Next, tap on "Connect using".
 From the popup menu that appears, select the PC Card slot where your
modem is. Close Internet Setup and try again.

-Laurent.