Re: [NTLK] Ethernet

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 16:30:03 EDT

On Thursday, July 26, 2001, at 03:49 PM, Victor Rehorst wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, that's the 1.1 version.
>
> Here's the 2.0:
>
> (Win):
> http://guelph.unna.org/mirrors/download.planetnewton.com/download/programming/
> nie2devin.zip
>
> (Mac):
> http://guelph.unna.org/mirrors/download.planetnewton.com/download/programming/
> NIE2DEVIN.hqx

That seems a bit better, but I'm not sure it's the original developer
package, since when you launch the installer, it says "Newton Internet
Enabler 2.0 Developer Goodies". I've got the doc anyway, and it says
that error -60088 is:

"kInetToolErrDhcpReqFailed
        The dynamic host configuration protocol request failed."

So, apparently, the ISP's DHCP server failed to reply to the Newton, for
some reason. I'm wondering if that ISP might be using PPPoE, which is
not implemented on the Newton...

-Laurent.