[NTLK] 4MB Flash Cards $1.25 each plus Donation to Newtontalk

From: Kevin LaCombe (klacombe_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 23:43:40 EDT

A while ago there was a post about an ebay auction for a pair of 4MB cards
for $35. Since I had just bought 10 of these same cards for $1.25 each I
had to chime in. Since then I have bought about 100 more. Like the ebay
auction stated, these only work with the MP2k series. The ones I have are
new and unused but were orignally made for Baystack Routers. These cards
were made by Centennial Technologies and according to them, are an Intel
series cards with 5v read, 12v write. If you want to see one, let me know
off the list and I will link or send a picture. They format out to 3800k.
I would like to offer these cards to the Newtontalk list but with a few
small details.

Here's the deal:

You can order up to 5 cards for my cost of $1.25 for each card. You pay the
shipping ($5) and I use USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. If
you want insurance, add $1. Shipping outside the CONUS will be more, just
contact me. You can pay via personal check (I will take these until the
first one bounces :-p), MO, Cashier's Check or Paypal. If you want to use
Paypal (username: klacombe_at_ix.netcom.com), add $0.50.

After you get the cards and are satisfied with them, you agree to make a
donation to Newtontalk (http://www.newtontalk.net/donations/). I suggest
$10 per card but it's up to you. When you send you donation, be sure to let
Bill know that it is for this card offer. He will note it on the Donations
page. Please post a reply on the list after you get the cards (please do so
now for those of you that have already received them).

Why am I doing this? I wanted to do something that would benefit the
Newtontalk community as well as Newtontalk.net. I bought my first newton
about 6 months ago and Newtontalk, UNNA, and others have been so helpful.
I'm not making any money doing this and will be spending a bunch of time and
money in this cause. I have sold some newton stuff on ebay and will
probably offer these cards there if there is no interest here (yes some guy
is selling a set of 3 for $36). I do have an unblemished ebay feedback
history if you have any concerns.

What I can't do: I cannot guarantee these cards. I formatted about 12 of
the cards but do not want to subject my card slot to 100 more in/outs. No
problems in the one's I formatted. They were sold to me as "new" and they
all appear to be so (at least that's what my newton told me!). I will try
to remember to move the write-protect switch to unlock. It is a smaller
switch than some of my other cards.

What I don't want you to do: Please don't send any donation until you are
thoroughly happy with the cards. If you are not happy (please let me know
why), well, you're only out about $10. Please don't contact Victor or Bill
with comments, questions, or complaints about the cards. They have nothing
to do with this, although I did let them know what I was doing. Please
post a reply on the list after you get the cards.

If you are still interested, send payment to:

Kevin LaCombe
5854 S.W. 44th St.
Port Orchard, WA 98367-9106
klacombe_at_ix.netcom.com (Paypal also)

Please contact me directly before sending money and give me your name and
shipping address, how many you want (up to 5), if you want insurance, and
how you will be paying.

Thanks and feel free to contact me direct with questions.

Kevin