[NTLK] Re: thinking of upgrading my shizzat.

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 12:57:29 PDT

esworp wrote:

> Dr. newton does it, right? PIXsolution does it, right? Is it worth
> it?/can i get by without it? can i do it myself? I'm thinking of sending
> it to Apple for repairs (new screen, lid clips, case, blah blah blah),
> should i get it upgraded before or after i send it off to Das
> Motherland? have i forgotten any important issues that other upgraded
> users feel like telling me??

Even though I did fix small PowerBook Duos, that have very tiny parts,
having opened and replaced the speaker in my 2100, I would definitely
won't mess with it. Are you talking about the memory upgrade, or the
accelerator? I'm confused a bit by your last post and this one. If
you're talking about the memory upgrade, then I would certainly do that
first, then send it to Apple. They wouldn't probably notice the upgrade.
In my previous reply to one of your other post, I was thinking you were
talking about the accelerator.

Note that Dr. Newton won't sell the memory upgrade parts separately,
unless he has changed his policy about this.

-Laurent.