[NTLK] Re: thinking of getting my shitzzat cranked!

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 12:54:30 PDT

esworp wrote:

> so, i'm keen on getting my mp2000 upgraded. I'm also thinking of
> sending it to Apple to get the cracked case/ scratched screen/ broken
> clippy-thingies/missing screws/bad karma fixed. Do both PIXsolution and
> Dr. Newton do the upgrades, right? I see that there may be a chance
> that PIXsolution can send me the upgarde for me to install myself.... is
> there any online walkthroughs i can look at to see what I'd be up
> against? (even a shot of the installed ram would be helpfull). should i
> get Apple to work on it first? What about that accellerator I've heard
> about?

I think I saw some web site with pictures. You would have to check. If
you're thinking about getting the accelerator and also getting it
repaired by Apple, I would maybe take the chance of getting the
accelerator first, then sending it to Apple. However, I don't know how
they would react when they would see the accelerator. The reason is that
if something goes wrong when you're trying to get the accelerator, you
could probably get it covered by the flat repair fee. OTOH, like I said,
I don't know if Apple would still perform the repair if they see the
accelerator.

If you want to make sure they'll repair it, then send it to them first,
then get the accelerator installed. However, if something goes wrong,
you might have to send it again to Apple. Not to say that something
wrong will happen, I actually never heard any problem that Oliver from
PixSolution wasn't able to fix, but you never know...

-Laurent.