Re: [NTLK] Newton Mail

From: James Simons (jesimons_at_bigplanet.com)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 02:26:05 PDT

> You know, I'm not the greatest at making PC's and PDA's hum, but I'm not
> technically void either. I've tried almost every configuration possible with
> my ISP, but have zero luck in getting my email to work with a MP2100. Any
> suggestions?
> All of the right software seems to be in place. I can dial into the internet,
> view web pages, and I think get some kind of connection into the ISP, but the
> email door slams shut.
> What am I missing?
> George E. McKinstry

check your settings, you may have incorrectly set your mail servers, or
password.. this is a common problem..

some email systems are using "authenticate on send" to prevent spamming.. i
don't know of a Newton-based email client that will authenicate on send..
so, if this is the case, you should shop for a new ISP that doesn't use it..

-- James Simons.

Visit NewtLINK - Weblinks for the Newton MessagePad..

http://sites.netscape.net/throbgod13/newtlink