Re: [NTLK] Why I am looking to sell

From: Kolbjørn Barmen (kolla_at_nvg.ntnu.no)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 06:53:39 PDT

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Johan Stiernspetz wrote:

> On 1-06-20 13.42, "ThisOlNewt_at_aol.com" <ThisOlNewt_at_aol.com> wrote:
>
> > But on a side note:
> > Isnt it funny how people appologize for getting a Palm unit??
>
> Yea, I have seen that a lot.
> Palm isn't that bad. It fulfills its purpose when configured with the right
> softwares.

The palm reminds me of old AmigaOS1.x where every program lives in its own
context all on its own (except even old amigaos did multitask properly :).
The newton is much smarter since it lets data flow between applications,
I just love that and hope some of those not-dead PDA systems pick this up
with same elegancy as NewtonOS.

> Newton was way ahead of its time when it came.
> Apple gave game over too soon ending the Newton program.

A shame newton isnt around anymore, with todays hardware it would be just
perfect, I wonder how much work would be needed to get it running on other
strongarm based PDAs today :)

-- kolla