Re: [NTLK] MP2k upgrade-chips

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 12:06:52 PDT

> Another test: this time chimes sounded and the Newton startup screen appeared.
> It worked! "System RAM installed 3984K" memory info reports.
>
> Thanks to all, who gave me comments and suggestions!
>
> Simon Muller

Wow, very cool!
I don't know much about the Newt's hardware, but could it also be possible
to give the MP2100 more (*more!* *MORE!*) RAM? Sth. like 12 or 16MB?
This would be nice, as I do have to stuff larger programs, such as lexionary
or any video, on my 20MB card. Sadly, that card is not so very stable after
all. Several times I have to refresh it from it's backup on the Mac, rather
then the Newts backup from the card (never did that).
Loosing lexionary due to card-failure on campus is bad, very bad.
I'd gladly pay for such an upgrade.

Regards,

Oliver :)

--